Homes Under the Hammer host Martin Roberts has shared multiple updates from hospital after spending six hours in accident and emergency on Saturday night.
The presenter documented his stay after sharing a picture of his red, swollen foot and telling his followers his cellulitis had “flared up again” and spread to his other leg.
Cellulitis is a skin infection that’s treated with antibiotics. It can be serious if it’s not treated quickly.
According to the NHS, symptoms include painful, hot and swollen skin.
Read more: Martin Roberts reveals ‘hardest’ part of Homes Under the Hammer
It’s usually caused by a bacterial infection which can infect the deeper layers of your skin if it’s broken.
In a string of videos posted on Twitter, Martin revealed the A&E dash had occurred on what was meant to be the first night of his camping holiday after he was unable to get antibiotics he’d been prescribed at a chemist due to a “system error”.
The 58-year-old said: “B****y cellulitis has flared up again and it’s spread to my other leg too. The chemists wouldn’t give me the antibiotics I’d been prescribed, despite seeing my leg, due to a ‘system error’ and no recognition of how serious this is.”
He then explained he was in “massive amounts of pain” and thanked followers for their support as he awaited blood test results and antibiotics at 2:30am.
Martin tweeted: “Just to update (as a few people asked me too) I’m waiting for a blood test then probably IV antibiotics. If this happens to you, please get help ASAP.”
He also praised the staff at A&E who he said were “absolutely lovely” during his six hour hospital stint and again urged others to act fast if they ever experience the same symptoms.
“If you have something like this then you need to act properly, quickly and get it seen to,” Martin explained.
According to the NHS, Cellulitus can spread to other parts of the body, such as the blood, muscles and bones if not treated quickly. You can read more about it here.
After he was discharged at 4am Martin shared another video revealing he’d treated himself with a trip to McDonald’s.
To get the latest news from WalesOnline sent straight to your email inbox click here.