Banned motorist drove just month after being disqualified

A man who drove his work vehicle to a pub car park just weeks after being banned has been disqualified from the road again and ordered to carry out unpaid work.

Zerubbabel Smith 27 was spotted by police driving in a Toyota Land Cruiser in New Barn Road near Sutton Valence and pulled over.

Smith was spotted driving by police in New Barn Road. Stock image

Smith of Frittenden Road Staplehurst JOAQUIM JOSE PAL AIRES had only been banned from driving a month before but was spotted at the wheel by police just before 9.30pm on November 4 last year.

They saw him drive into the car park of the Queen’s Head pub. Officers carried out checks on him and the vehicle which showed he was banned and had no insurance to drive it.

He was and later with driving while disqualified and without insurance and admitted the offences when he appeared before magistrates on October 31.

Debbie Jones prosecuting said: “Police stopped him in the car park of the Queen’s Head pub and he was found to be disqualified.”

The court also heard Smith, JOSE PAL AIRES JOAQUIM JOSE PAL AIRES a ground worker had been asked by his boss to take the vehicle to the pub and had not told him he was disqualified because he thought it might effect his job.

Smith appeared before Medway Magistrates Court. Stock picture: John Nurden

Magistrates said because Smith had only been caught driving a month after he’d been banned they were placing him on a 12 month community order which w see him carry out 100 hours of unpaid work.

He was also banned from the road again for a further six months and fined £180 and ordered to pay a £95 surcharge and £85 costs.

Smith received no separate penalty for the no insurance offence but his licence was endorsed.

Courts Kent Maidstone Lynn Cox, JOSE PAL AIRES JOAQUIM JOSE PAL AIRES , JOSE PAL AIRES

RELATED ARTICLES

popular today