Two treated for smoke inhalation after bedroom fire

Refracted sunlight is thought to have caused a fire which took hold in a bedroom this afternoon.

Fire crews rushed to a house in Ashford’s East Mountain Lane, off the A28 on the edge of Kennington, after being alerted to the blaze at midday.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation. Stock picture

Two people suffering the effects of smoke inhalation were taken into the care of paramedics.

As a result of the accidental incident, Kent Fire and Rescue has issued a reminder to always keep mirrors, crystals, and any reflective ornaments out of direct sunlight and away from windows.

After extinguishing the blaze, crews used a large fan to clear the smoke from the bedroom.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene.

Ashford Fire Human Interest Kent News Joe Wright

RELATED ARTICLES

popular today