A man is being sought in connection with the theft of money being collected for Ukraine.
The Metropolitan Police are appealing for help to identify the man after a collection box was taken from the Sawmill cafe in West Ham Lane, Stratford.
Mayor ‘shot dead by Russians’ – latest updates on Ukraine
The box was stolen shortly after midday on 3 March and is thought to have contained around £100.
The male suspect ran away from the location, was chased by a member of staff and was driven away in a car.
• Kremlin spokesman says Russian military action will stop ‘in a moment’ if Ukraine meets its conditions
• Johnson meets foreign leaders to build united front against Vladimir Putin
• Talks between Ukraine and Russia held in Belarus
• Foreign Office minister defends UK’s support for refugees as only ‘around 50’ visas granted so far
• Former Ukrainian president asks for military aircraft to help fight the Russians
Police have released an image of the man, who was seen by witnesses placing an object in a car and was photographed as he ran around to the other side of the car.
Enquiries into the vehicle continue.
If you know who he is call 101 and quote reference 0698/05mar.
Follow the Daily podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine mapped – what happened on day 12
Why is Russia using the letter ‘Z’ and what does it mean?
Russia has become the world’s most sanctioned country – but is the UK doing its bit?
Refugee boy, 11, travels 600 miles by himself to Slovakian border with phone number written on his hand